2019 Workshops and Shows.

Oops, I haven't even done a post of events for this year yet, and I've already whipped through one little wool show and one guild workshop so far.

WonderwoolWales - 27-28 April
  • Not only do I have my usual stand at Wonderwool, I'm also teaching again: I have a workshop on spindling for beginners on both days. Already sold out - sorry!
Tynedale Spinners' Gathering - 18 May
  • Off to Stocksfield again this year, after missing last year. It's always fun to catch up with friends in the guilds up there, and it's such a lovely drive up apart from the motorway.
Leeds Wool Festival - 1 June
  • The usual lovely little show at Armley Mills Industrial Museum, when all the vendors are tucked amongst all the exhibits. I always look forward to seeing where I've been put, and for a one day show this is very well attended. In previous years we've had alpacas to pet and walk, and a gin palace! Not to mention re-enactors, the mill equipment running, and interesting films being shown in the perfect tiny cinema.
Craven Guild of WSD - 15 June
  • I'm teaching my long-draw workshop here again. 
Gwynedd Guild of WSD - 13 July. 
  • This is a new one for me, and I'm looking forward to indoctrinating a new gang of spinners with the delights of spinning woollen yarn long draw. This one's going to involve an overnight stay because of the distance, so we might manage a walk up a hill on the way home.
Summer School market 9-10 August 
  • For the first time I'm vending at the Association's Summer School market. 
Eden Valley Guild of WSD - 21 September
  • New workshop for me this time - Handfelted slippers. Samples for the workshop are being produced and embellished and protected from Arthur who thinks they are particularly good for chewing. 

Yarndale, 28-29th September 

  • Bit of a late one. I applied at the last minute and was pleased and surprised to get in. 

Durham Guild of WSD - 19 October.
  • This is my colour and fibre blending workshop, where I turn up with handcards and drumcarders and talk about processing fleeces, blending different wools and fibres, playing with colours, and then stand back and let people loose! 

Comments