Perth Festival of Yarn, and a bit of dyeing

So it was Perth Festival of Yarn last Sunday, and this was my stall. I was really pleased with how it looked.

In fact, I was really pleased with the entire show. It was excellently organised, laid out with masses of space around each table, there were tables rather than stalls so you could see across the whole room, and the venue itself (Dewars Centre in Perth) was good too - catering worked well, there was never a queue for the loos, and plentiful parking.

We had originally planned just to visit, spending a night in Perth, visiting the show in the morning to see if it would work for us next year, and a leisurely drive home in the afternoon. But I was offered a table a month ago, and it seemed a shame to turn it down. And then, of course, our accommodation cancelled on us a week out due to flooding, so there was a panic finding somewhere else. We ended up with an 'ecopod' at Whitemoss Lodge B&B. Incredibly peaceful and quiet, and only 20 minutes drive from the show.


On the way up to Perth last Saturday we managed to get up to Stirling early enough for a visit to the Wallace Monument. Mark climbed it (at £10 a go, I decided that as I'd done it when last in Stirling for Knit Camp of most unblessed memory was recently enough) whilst I sat with the pupz at the bottom, observed some owls and birds of prey, and watch a re-enactment of the Battle of Stirling with two re-enactors and a very big claymore.


It was a very long and tiring drive home on the Sunday evening, with the weather too bad to allow me to snooze, so I've booked the accommodation for three nights next year. The organiser's planning a two day show next year; let's hope I get a stall. 

And I sold out of Copper on fibre completely, so this is a bit more. 


This is Warrior Scarlet on black bfl/silk and plain oatmeal bfl - I've had a request to take some tomorrow, when I'm teaching a workshop over near Blackpool. 


No rest for the wicked, or even moderately naughty; I'm teaching nearly over on the West coast tomorrow, then we're trawling over to the East coast to finally catch Propagansey near Robin Hood's Bay on Sunday.

Comments