Last shows of 2016

So just a few words to cover the last few shows of 2016. We had to have Bil put to sleep the week before Bakewell Wool Gathering, so that rather put the dampers on everything before we started, but hey-ho, life goes on...

This was our stall at Bakewell. It was rather nice to have a wall behind us, and I complete rejigged the stall at the last minute as I thought I'd booked tables. In error, as it turned out. We were able to borrow one from Denise, and it turned out that one was all I needed. Look at the extra height I managed to get Gladys the Sheep up to!


Once again, the Full Circle sets were popular. And I'd dyed up a couple of orders for people to collect from me here. 


We always go down to Bakewell a day or two early and stay in a cottage just above the town. It was very strange only having one dog, but we still had a lovely walk on Stanton Moor, and went to say hello to the Nine Ladies dancing up there in the ancient oak woods.


The following weekend was Kendal Wool Gathering - and this is where I start to get exhausted, not having any time off. We set off just after 6am on Saturday morning to set up in plenty of time before opening, and were very pleased with out spot, just before a nice big window for natural light.


Lunil came with us, and assisted in the setting up. She's really rather good at this sort of thing.


So, that's another fibre-y year over with, and now I can settle down and hibernate for the winter, or could if I only didn't have the day job. I'm typing this up a week later, enjoying the decadence of a Saturday at home, finishing up a crochet blanket after a scamper through the woods with Lunil in the hope of wearing her out before tonight's fireworks banging.

New lamps are being bought at Ikea tomorrow, so I'm not reliant on daylight at weekends to photograph all my dyed fibre. The Etsy shop will be updated soon.

Comments