Dyeing Sock Yarn for Fibre East

Fibre East is this weekend, and the last lot of yarn is all done - packaged, labelled, and boxed.

40 skeins of sock yarn (BFL/nylon, Falkland/bamboo, BFL/Donegal nep), all freshly dyed up.

Sock yarn for FE 1

The one advantage of this hideously warm weather is rapid drying, even if the kitchen turns into a level of hell with the hot water, hot oven, hot wet wool.

This is it all packed into a large wickerwork hamper which Mark found for me the other week in one of Bingley's antique shops. It's huge, and I can get all my yarn in it - there's at least as much again as the stuff I've just dyed.

Sock yarn for FE 2

And here's my lovely hamper, neatly packed up and tied down. Yes, that is a couple of lengths of inkle-braid tying it down. And the hamper will be excellent for display on my stall too.

Sock yarn for  FE 3

So there we are, all ready for Fibre East. Yarn and fibre done, camping stuff ready to assemble and stuff in the van on Thursday, orders separately done.

See you there?

Comments