Wonderwool Wales 2013

Mark at stall

Just a few photos from this year's Wonderwool - I was frighteningly busy for most of it, as I was leading a two hour workshop on drum carding both afternoons, hence spending over three hours away from the stall each day.

Doesn't Mark look splendid in his new kilt?

Me at stall

I brought the quilts down almost as a last minute afterthought, but was really pleased I did so. Lots of people commented on how well the stall looked.  I have passed the cardboard cut-out sheets on to someone else now - I've had them a few years and am feeling a bit inspired to make more quilts now.  Perhaps one with my name on to act as a nameboard?

We made very good time driving down to Wonderwool this year (even stopping at Ann Kingstone's to drop off a not-quite-completed sample for her) so had time to drive through Builth Wells to visit the Prince Llewellyn monument on the other side of the town.

Prince Llewellyn's monument 2

Very sad monument, full of what-might-have-beens, and I shed a tear and apologised on behalf of my nation.

But we spotted this rather beautiful sculpture carved from a tree stump by the side of the brand new road:

Salmon sculpture 2

Both nights' camping were sub-zero this year, and I didn't sleep at all well due to my shoulders getting cold. (My new airbed lasted well though, didn't even soften slightly).  So for next year I'm planning to track down some dog-friendly self-catering accommodation.  And if we don't have to take camping stuff, and have invested in a roofbox for the van, we won't have to hire a bigger van and can then stay down for a few days more and explore mid Wales.  We know the North of Wales, and the SW, but have not really spent time in the middle even though we've been to every WonderWool so far.

It was a successful show for me; back to the dyepans.

Comments

  1. It was lovely to see you both, stand looked as fab as Marks knees. Looking forward to Woolfest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment