Yarnival 2013

Yarnival 2013

Just a few photos were taken at Yarnival - it's a friendly little yarn festival, held in Trawden Village hall.  Only a handful of stall holders.

I restrained myself - I bought two lovely balls of North Ronaldsay yarn which felt slightly different and much softer from North Ron I've found before (this was Isle of Auskerry yarn) and some other stuff to dye and resell.  I picked up a bag of Jacob/bamboo blend from Adelaide Walker's, to spin and knit into socks for them to use as a sample at Wonderwool.

Still tiring though.  I was glad I'd taken Mark to do all the driving for me.  And it was very decadent but necessary to have a homemade steak pie and chips that evening.
Yarnival 2013 Mark

The pupz came, of course.  The van ended up being parked next to the little trailer with the usual Yarnival sheep - Shetland, North Ron and Hebridean.  Lunil spent the entire day glued to the back window, staring at her unaccustomed neighbours.  However, they behaved perfectly correctly when let out for a pee - just a quick sniff sheepwards.

Yarnival 2103 sheep

Comments