2013's Wool Shows and Teaching

Someone pointed out to me yesterday that I really need to have a page with all my teaching gigs up somewhere, so here we are:

Yarnival - Saturday 16 March

A lovely friendly little yarn show at Trawden, Lancashire - I shall be here with fibre and yarn.

Furness Guild of WSD - Saturday 23 March

I shall be teaching my Woollen/Worsted Workshop for the Furness Guild.  This involves considering the difference in preparation and spinning required to produce the different types of yarn, why you would use either type, suitable wools or other fibres to use, and then producing samples.  People taking part will need to be competant hand spinners, and bring a well-oiled spinning wheel, hand carders and hand combs if you have them, several bobbins and a lazy kate.  Fibre will be provided and a small contribution would be welcome.

Wonderwool Wales - Saturday/Sunday 27/28 April

Once again, I shall have my stall at Wonderwool Wales, and once again I shall be teaching a workshop on both days: Introduction to Drumcarding.  This will be a two hour class on how to use a drumcarder safely and efficiently, and how to process and blend wools and other fibres. You will be able to try at least two different sorts of drumcarder, and we will also discuss which make would be suitable for your needs.

Bowland Guild of WSD - Saturday 4th May

I shall be teaching my Spinning and Knitting with Beads workshop to Bowland Guild - how to produce yarn with integral beads, and also how to add beads to knitted fabric.  Attendees need to be competent spinners and knitters, and bring spinning wheels, bobbins and lazy kates, knitting needles, sewing thread and sewing needles, their own beads if they'd like to use them (though beads will be available to buy) and any fibres they'd like to use.  Some fibre and yarn will be provided.

Tynedale Spinners Gathering - Saturday 18 May

I shall be attending the gathering for the second year with my fibres and yarns.b

Woolfest - Friday/Saturday 28/29 June

The eponymous Woolfest - let's just hope the weather is a little better this year.  I shall be here with my fibres and yarns.

Brantwood,Coniston - Monday-Thursday 8-11 July

Beginning to Spin is a residential course at Ruskin's beautiful home at Brantwood.  This two day course will cover mainly spindle spinning, but wheels will be available to try. There will be many different fibres to try, all materials being included, and I shall no doubt talk about spinning in history and in the world today as well as many uses of your own handspun yarn.

Alston Hall, Preston - Friday-Sunday 19-21 July

A residential course at beautiful Alston Hall during which I shall be teaching a course on natural dyes: Red, Yellow, Blue. I shall provide natural dyes in these colours, and we will dye yarns and fibres in both primary and secondary colours. Please contact me for more information.

Fibre East - Saturday/Sunday 27-28 July

My last big yarn show of the year, and we are desperately hoping for better weather for Fibre East. At least we're under a permanent roof this time! I shall be here with my fibres and yarns.


Bakewell Wool Gathering - Saturday/Sunday 19/20 October

A new event to me, but I shall be here with my fibres and yarns at the Gathering.  A lovely market town to visit, with added wool - what could be better?

Eden Valley Guild - Saturday 12 April 2014

A nice early booking here with one of my favourite guilds, Eden Valley, to do a workshop on Fleece Selection and Preparation.

And that's it - so far.  Some of the entries above have links to the events' own websites, but please get in touch if you need more information on top of that, and of course if you want to speak to me about custom dyeing or to see what I have in stock.





Comments

Post a Comment