More mitts....

Ma was muttering a few weeks ago that I'd never actually made her a pair of mitts. So these were cast on for part of her Mothering Sunday present, but they were only handed over this morning as she gave me a lift up to Guild.
They're my slightly more hard-wearing version, hemmed at wrist, fingers and thum. Knitted in sock yarn, so they're washable too.

Mark came with us and going through Shipley we stopped and picked up my new spin dryer. My old one is practically dead. While it still spins, the spout for excess water to pour through has fallen off. This doesn't matter, though, as the water just falls straight through the holes in the bottom instead of draining out the right way. And there's various holes in the side, covered in duct tape to stop water squirting out sideways. Everytime I don' t balance the fibre exactly and it thumps a bit before settling down, great chunks of rust flakes are rinsed out. But it's had several years of much harder work than it was ever designed to handle so it really doesn't owe me a penny. Now we have a new one, so I'll put the old one outside the door, on the other side of the lane, and like all vaguely metallic things I put out it will vanish overnight!

Meant to dye this afternoon but didn't get back from Guild until well after three, by which time the rugby had started. And now there's a leg of mutton potroasting in the oven (with garlic, lemon, cinnamon, black pepper and cumin) so there's no room for dyeing.

Comments