More fibre for dyeing

Ma very kindly gave me a lift to Otley this afternoon, as I needed an urgent visit to Adelaide Walker's. Here we have 3 kilos of oatmeal BFL, 2 kilos of mid-grey Shetland, and 600g of their gorgeous camel down/tussah silk.

The oatmeal I'd have liked to get more of, but money constraints blah blah. I really can't get enough of this stuff; it dyes wonderfully and is always in demand. Must dye some green for my this year...

I thought I'd try the Shetland for something different - I can't remember anyone doing it at either of the main shows last year. It's a nice grey so should be good overdyed.

I have a bit of the camel/silk still stashed from last year, so there should be enough for Wonderwool. Last year I sold out of all my exotics on the first day.

Underneath these bags is the less than half bump of the fine merino, and various bits and pieces in the checked bag. Must start packaging the already dyed stuff soon - I actually have the labels already printed too.

Comments

  1. I wish I could go to Wonderwool, but lambing restricts me somewhat. We've just got 4 pet lambs, so out with bottles every 3 hours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, emergency BFl, Ooooo....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment