Knitting for Christmas

























Lots of knitting being done, mostly travelling to and from work, and it's all socks. These ones above are for Pa for Christmas, Zitron Trekking Pro Natura used double on 2.75mm needles, my generic toe-up sock loosely based on PGR's short row heel and toe. I have more yarn than I though, so once I've finished the second and made it longer I'll unpick the first sock's cast-off and lengthen to match.

























These are for Ma, in Colinette's utterly wonderful Jitterbug yarn, in the Dusk colourway I think. It's the Hat-heel pattern that was in the most recent issue of Knitty. It's certainly an interesting way of constructing a sock, but it doesn't give as deep an instep as I hoped. But it'll be easy to replace a heel - just pick out, pick up and reknit!

Comments

Post a Comment