Caps and tassels


























Not my usual colours, though the two in the middle are greener in real life - I took this photograph in evening sunlight and it's shifted the colours a bit. This is my next hat project, and after a bit of knitting last night and this morning the inner facing and first twined braid are done.

I feel a sudden need to knit more hat/s for this, which was emailed to me the other day. As if I don't really have enough on with Woolfest in three weeks.

I popped into Coldspring Mills yesterday afternoon, and got another three 500g+ hanks of their rather lovely wool dk - it dyes beautifully. Fun to dye, as I do each huge hank as is, so if people want there's enough yarn to do a whole sweater; less fun to rewind, as there's usually a tangle somewhere. Also a couple of Araucania skeins in the lovely aran stuff (bright green, first Winged cap), this time in a brilliant orange and a smudgey black. More hats, I fear. Are they addictive...

No dyeing yesterday or, I feel, this afternoon. But I'm in on my own tomorrow (Mark's walling) so there is no excuse for not having pots bubbling all day.

Comments