Thursday, 15 April 2010

And more colours...

I had a few chunks of Cheviot in the fibre-to-dye stash, so they go trawled out and coloured in. This one's come up particularly brilliantly - it's a new colourway: Firebird

An old but popular colour: Willow, on the superfine merino

I've dyed up some mid-grey Shetland this year, and it's come up fabulously rich in colour, and remarkably soft as a fibre. I do prefer the 'traditional' breeds as fibre; although I know most people seem to prefer merino, especially for felting, I find there's so much more character and versatility in Shetland and Bluefaced Leicester, to use examples that I can get hold of easily. And of course, they come in natural colours too, which I love to overdye. The one above is Twilight, the one below is Blue.

2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! Do love the fire bird, and the purple. Just yummy. Really looking forward to Wonderwool now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours, see you at wonderwool:)

    ReplyDelete