Ravelympics 2010


I've left it a bit late, but I've finally set myself a target for the Ravelympics and updated my Ravelry page accordingly. Rather optimistically, I've entered the Gold Bohus sweater kit in the Nordic Colorwork Combined, and as if this wasn't enough, a pair of socks in the Sock Hockey (with fine yarn and small needles, no less).

I'm also particularly chuffed that I've worked out how to modify photos in my Flickr account and have made myself a new Ravatar. Obviously it features Lunil (can we say Angua, people?).*

Where this really comes unstuck is that I need to get on with (ie start and finish) the Assassin's Creed costume for Tom, which I should have started before Christmas but it's been too cold upstairs and too crowded since everything was hidden up there for Christmas. As I have now organised space properly up there (and chucked lots of stuff away) there is no excuse not to get the little heater going up there and getting the sewing machine up to speed. I have lots of a creamy twill calico which should work well.

Can I knit, sew, watch the Olympics all at the same time? As well as fitting in sculling on a chilly river this afternoon and a head race at Doncaster on Saturday morning (after Friday night's late opening ceremony)?

*Checking this post, Lunil's got a particularly beady stare in this photo. Remarkably spooky.

Comments

Post a Comment