Dyeing pots and heavy eyes

I've been busy this week, but so tired - still need to catch up on sleep since the weekend. This isn't helped, of course, by staying up til after midnight spinning on Wednesday night and drumcarding on Thursday.

I've been a bag of a lovely Romney fleece in lots of greys that Sarah gave me last Woolfest. It's been washed and waiting attention for ages. So I have two skeins of pale grey, two of medium, and eight batts of dark grey that I did last night, listening to a Dragonfly Moon CD and watching pots of Rose on coloured BFL simmering on the hob. The yarn is a 2-ply, about a dk thickness but quite airy and puffy (I find it difficult not to spin airy and puffy from freshly carded batts) and I have plans for a double-knit vest once I've dyed half green, but this may change. I meant to photograph the yarn production from scratch, but naturally remembered this just as I was flicking the last of the original fleece.

The original inspiration was a vest I saw a woman wandering around in at Woolfest - natural coloured brown yarn with a colourwork pattern on in a bright orangey-red. This really appealed - the colour combination - but I'm not so sure I'd actually wear something patterned in red, especially as I plan this in double knit (my first project in this technique, so of course I'm not going to do something small and simple). So green is likely to be the alternative. So not surprising.

Someone from Brighton ordered 200g of the BFL in Rose at Wonderwool, so I thought I'd better get on with it for them. I dyed 1200g, so there's some to list on Etsy next week when it's photographed. Really, I couldn't be bothered to get more dyes out than the four needed for that colourway, so that's what kept going on.

All of this would be so easy to document (with photos) if the computer at home was talking to the interweb. Naturally, after a tremendous start on Tuesday evening when Andrew came round, plugged it in and produced amazingly fast speeds, it was not. The network is there, my computer can tell it's there, but it's not talking to it. Ppffllbbtt!

Comments

  1. Oh Honey!

    Huge huggles, and persevere. You will win out in the end - promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it gets better. The plasterer finished on Wednesday, and we've cleaned up as much as possible. The plumber comes with a huge hammer this afternoon to remove the sink and bath. Theoretically they should be replaced, along with the loo, tomorrow. Not holding breath.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment