Saturday, 23 May 2009

Altered wings

Note the different wings. These are my third pair! I'm much happier with these (very strange, spending the last day or so working out my wings....) so have written up the pattern, argued with my computer as I had to download both .pdf readers and writers (they're on the one at work, not this one), and set it up as a Ravelry download. I wonder how many other people will feel to need to make themselve a hat with wings.

I changed the name. It's now the Winged Cap, as I thought the Brunhilde Cap was silly. I looked much more Valkyrie-like than anything else when I was taking photographs. Sadly my arms aren't long enough to take a decent photo of myself head-on, but those that I had were Wagnerian!

1 comment:

  1. I found your pattern on ravelry -precisely- because I was looking for a hat with wings :)
    In fact, my flatmate wanted an 'angel hat' for her sister, to compliment the devil hat [another pattern on ravelry] I made for her husband - I showed her this pattern and she said it was exactly what she was looking for! Go hats with wings!

    edric

    ReplyDelete